Skincare Routine

Sunday 8 January 2017

Skincare Routine

I'm making this one of my first blog posts as this year, I really want to focus more on looking after myself. I've never really put much money or effort into a skincare routine, but I've found the times I have stuck to a routine of looking after my skin, it's made a hell of a difference.



Towards the end of December I decided to invest in a Liz Earle set as I'd heard lots of good things about the Hot Cloth Cleanser. Since then I have religiously removed my make up every evening, cleansing, toning and moisturising my skin. I picked up the Normal/Combination set as my skin often varies between oily and dry. Before starting this, I was getting lots of spots and blemishes all over my face, since however I have found I get a lot less spots, and my skin feels and looks plumper.

My favourite part about the Liz Earle cleanser is it's a hot cloth one, this essentially means that you use your hands to rub the cleanser into the skin, and wash it off using a muslin cloth, I love this, and one thing I have found with previous skincare is that I hate using my hands to wash all the make up off as ... water everywhere !!! In the set you get two muslin cloths included, I've also bought some from Ebay just because I don't like using the cloths when they are dirty.

Once or twice a week I also try to use the Nourishing Treatment Mask, this I feel really helps to brighten up the skin and give it a bit more of a glow, once again I use a muslin cloth to remove this.

Technically for this treatment you are meant to use it every morning and evening, but I just wash my face in the morning and moisturise using the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base, this is a newer purchase and I have only been using it since christmas so I haven't seen any results as of yet, but it does really hydrate my skin in the morning. One perk of this product is it also acts as a primer, which I think is great as I have used moisturisers in the past and my make up has slid off my face within about an hour.

Another moisturiser which I have been using on and off for the past year now is the Clinique Moisture Surge, I mainly use this product when my skin is feeling really dry or I am travelling and need that extra skin pick me up, as it is super hydrating. Therefore I like to make sure I always have it floating around somewhere in my skincare.

What skincare products would you recommend / know and love?

Thank you very much for reading,
hugs and kisses

5 comments:

  1. Whenever I have a breakout I use the Masque Bar charcoal peel off mask & follow with the Garnier moisture bomb face mask. Normally gets rid of any breakouts in 24 hours! Love the post <3 Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I've never heard of these before, I must give them a try! Thanks for the recommendation, and for the love, means a lot! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. I've recently moved over to using Liz Earle and love their products! My skin is feeling so much better. Would also recommend the eyebright soothing eye lotion...great for tired eyes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice isn't it! Is the eyebright lotion Liz Earle? because I've been looking for an eye lotion for so long now! Xo

      Delete
  3. Buy careprost online paypal Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan