New Years Resolutions

Tuesday 3 January 2017

New Years Resolutions

Now I wasn't going to set myself New Years Resolutions this year, mainly because I never stick to them, but I think this is because I make them a bit too specific, or outrageous which means I end up keeping them for two days and just giving up. But as the year has started and I've felt really motivated and positive I have decided to set myself some resolutions. Some of them are a bit cliche and some of them are specific, but achievable... i hope!


Travel More
Last year I was really lucky in that I travelled a lot, and experienced a couple of my favourite adventures, most of it being off my own back as well and I honestly think spending money on travelling the world is so worth it, whether it's somewhere you've been before or a completely new place.

This year I definitely want to visit places I've never been before, last year I was fortunate enough to go to Bangkok, somewhere where before I'd of never put high up on my list, but it was one of the most beautiful and best places I've ever been. 


Be More Creative
I'd like to think I've always been quite a creative person, like when it comes to decorating cupcakes or making something look pretty, I will try my upmost best to make sure it looks as good as can be, but I never really put my creativity to the test, so this year I want to try perfecting Brush Lettering, which if you don't know what it is, is like calligraphy (i guess, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong)


It's basically hand written fonts, and i have been loving Pinterest recently, and i constantly see journals, or cards with brush lettering on them so I really want to try that out this year.

Read More
One thing i love doing, but never do enough of is... reading! Whenever i read a book however i get engrossed, finish it within three days, then spend a week or two obsessing over it, basically i love reading when i do it, so i want to put more time into it.

I notice that the more i read the easier it is to blog, because it gives me a wider range of vocabulary, as opposed to me putting 'like' after every sentence, so I definitely think reading is important, and especially for me if i want to get the most out of my blog. 

Say Thank You More
Something I saw on Twitter towards the end of last year and loved was about saying 'thank you' more, the idea essentially was that instead of saying 'sorry for being late,' you'd say, 'thank you for waiting for me,' now I absolutely love this idea. I am definitely guilty when it comes to over apologising, as I can say sorry about five times in a minute if i turn up late. Obviously I'm not going to stop saying sorry, but when it can be replaced with a thank you, that's what I'm going to try and do.

Focus On Myself
This ones a real big one for me, towards the end of last year I gave myself a lot more me time, whether that was an hour long bath, or just chilling in my room with the fairy lights on whilst sitting on my laptop. I think spending time on yourself is so underrated but can make all the difference, so if it means taking an hour out of every week to put a hair mask on, put a facemask on, and relax in a candlelight bath, those hours will be so worth it by the end of the week when you're feeling rejuvenated.

Make My Bed Every Morning
My last resolution is to make my bed every morning. I am incredibly lucky in that if I don't make my bed my mum will do it for me (before anyone says it, i don't ask her to, she just likes keeping the house tidy and insists on making my bed) but one thing I am awful for is staying in bed all day, so I think if I make my bed every morning it'll encourage me to be more productive.

Have you set yourself any new years resolutions?

Thank you very much for reading,
hugs and kisses
nads

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan