Kylie Jenner Lipkit vs Victoria Secret Cream Lip Stain

Sunday 26 February 2017

Kylie Jenner Lipkit vs Victoria Secret Cream Lip Stain

Since the launch of Kylie Jenner's Lipkits, lots of different brands have released their own version of matte liquid lipsticks. I have to say, these are my favourite lip products, I have only really ever worn matte lipsticks, and these I think are the perfect upgrade. They are super long lasting, and depending on which one you buy can be moisturising on the lips.

The two I'm going to be comparing today are the Kylie Jenner Lipkits and the Victoria Secret Lip Stains. Now I have purchased other brands versions such as NYX but I just don't know if they are on the same level as these...



The swatches I think also say a lot about the products... I tried to use only one coat so you can really see how they come out.

Kylie Lipkits


The Kylie lipkits for me were the first matte liquid lipsticks I ever tried (or saw on the market) and I loved the concept of them, especially as they came with a lip liner. I only ever wear matte shades, even when I bought lipsticks so for me a long lasting version was perfect. Obviously the whole only being available in the US and shipping/custom fees is a bit of a downfall, but I want to mainly talk about the products.

I have three of the lipkits.. Candy K, Ginger and Exposed.  I am not too extravagant with my lip shades, basically if it's not nude.. I probably won't be wearing it. These three shades I think all have something a little different.

Candy K
This was the first I ever bought and is a pinky toned nude. Won't lie.. Candy K was not what I expected it's much more 'pink' than when Kylie used to wear or swatch it.

Ginger
Ginger is definitely my favourite of the 3 shades, it's almost like a rusty, dark toned brown nude.. that's a lot of colours but it was the only way to describe it.

Exposed
Probably my least favourite mainly just because it was a lot 'paler' than I expected and when I wear it, it just kind of washes me out.. It's hard to explain

Victoria Secret  Cream Lip Stains


So, there are a lot more than just these two brands on the market, and I have been tempted to try others such as MAC but I never found the right shade, or price point, especially after feeling a little ripped off by Kylie. When I was in a Victoria Secret store a couple of weeks ago I saw these at the till and instantly fell in love with the colours. I bought two!

Adored
This is probably a little too similar to Candy K but for the price and the quality, if you can get your hands on one in store it's definitely worth picking up if you want a cheaper dupe.

Wanted
Probably my favourite of the two, this is more of a brown toned nude and is super versatile.

Kylie vs Victoria Secret

Now lets get down to the nitty, gritty. Whilst I love the Kylie Lipkits, which offer way more shades / variations and come with a lip liner, which is always appreciated. I do find them quite drying.. one thing I hate about matte lip products. I also feel like they never turn out how I expect them to, I'm always disappointed with the colour, which is such a shame. However... the Victoria Secret Lip Stains on the other hand... whilst their shades are limited, are just as long wearing and have more of a 'buttery' feel to them. Basically I'm not crying after four hours because my lips are cracking. I honestly could not rate these higher, and considering they are only like £11 I think that is such a great price for such a high quality product. You also don't get hit with a £20 customs fee charge! The only bad side of the VS ones are they sometimes take a little longer to dry, but in the long run are so worth it.

Have you tried any other liquid lipstick brands that you've loved?

Thank you very much for reading,
hugs and kisses


1 comment:

  1. These look nice shades, even I might try them lols !!!!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan