Updated Skincare Routine | March

Sunday 12 March 2017

Updated Skincare Routine 

At the beginning of this year one of my 'resolutions' was to look after myself more, or have more 'me time,' this included looking after my skin more. In January I wrote a post about my new skincare routine which I'd started in December, so I thought I'd give you an update on what products I'm using now and how my skin is looking.


Since the beginning of this year I have definitely added more products to my skincare routine, and got more clued up on my skin. I have also now started doing an evening, and morning skincare, which has made so much difference to my skin.

Throughout January / February my skin was becoming quite problematic and I was getting lots of spots but mainly on my cheeks, as well as small lumps (which looked like clogged up pores) on the tops of my cheeks / around my nose, and I couldn't tell if it was my skincare routine or hormonal, but being on the pill it seemed strange that I would start getting acne, as it's meant to prevent it.

I visited a Bobbi Brown counter, and the assistant gave me advice on my skin, saying that I had a lot of dead skin, mainly from where I never really exfoliated, so since I've added that into my skincare and have seen a lot of improvement, especially with my 'clogged pores.' 



My evening skincare hasn't changed too much, other than the addition of the Bobbi Brown products. I  am still loving my Liz Earle cleanse and polish, and it seems to really be lasting, especially the moisturiser and toner.

The new products which I am using are the Bobbi Brown Eye Cream and Radiance Boost Mask. I touched on this in my February Favourites but I have always had problems with under my eyes, and product staying there, and it turns out that they were dehydrated. This is definitely my new miracle product, but obviously not everyone can afford to spend £33 on an eye moisturiser. I will say though that it is worth the money, and I've been using it for around a month now, twice a day and you can barely tell that it's been touched. 

The Radiance Boost Mask I use once a week (or when I remember) and leave it on my skin for around 5 minutes, then massage off with warm water to try and remove my dead skin, I then follow this with my toner, etc. I have noticed it makes a difference and I am seeing a lot less lumps under my skin, as well as it feeling generally softer and smoother.



My morning routine has very quickly become one of my favourite things. I had been using these Simple  products before I purchased the Liz Earle set, but there was something about putting oil on my face that freaked me out a bit. I have combination skin, which can sometimes be oily, sometimes be dry, it really depends and in my head, whenever I put oil on my face I immediately thought it was going to get greasy. Since then however I have realised this is not the case. The great part about making this my morning routine, as opposed to using it to remove my make up is, I didn't feel like it did a deep enough cleansing, where as in the morning it makes my skin feel super hydrated, clean and bright.

I never used to bother with a morning skincare routine because I was too lazy, but now I wake up, brush my teeth and pop on the simple products and it's so quick and so worth it. The products I would say are quite expensive for Simple but they always have offers on, and I'm pretty sure I bought these when they were half price.

Along the lines of moisturising, I am still using the Bobbi Brown Enriched Face Base just before I apply my make up and slowly I have become to love it. At first I wasn't sure, but I think that was mainly because I was using the wrong foundation. Another addition which I had to repurchase when I saw it in a beauty outlet was my favourite primer, the Bobbi Brown Pore Perfecter Primer. I got a sample of this last year and immediately fell in love, and was gutted when it ran out end of last year. It's one of those primers where I actually notice it makes a difference, and my foundation goes on so smoothly. Another product I use before applying my primer is my hydrating eye cream.


That is my updated skincare routine!!
I have been loving my skin recently and have been noticing such a change in the feel and look of my skin, and I am getting less spots (woo woo)

What skincare products do you love using?

Thank you very much for reading,
hugs and kisses
nads








No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan